The Eight Features of Nutrilites Sustainable Farming Systems:
- Considering the farm as an organism – including the interaction and diversity of the people, animals, plants and elements of the earth working together in perfect balance.
- The integration and diversity of the plants that are cultivated, and the people and animals living on the farm.
- The preservation of habitats – natural ecological areas within the farm boundaries to sustain the diversity of both native plant and animal species.
- Wide based soil nutrition – protecting the soil as a living organism, with the goal of maintaining 45 to 50 elements in the soil by feeding the soil natural materials.
- No contamination allowed – creating a healthy and thriving base so that the need for curative measures is limited.
- Preservation and cultivation of a wide variety of seeds.
- Traceability of every action performed on each piece of land, so that we may truly work as one with nature and respect the farm as a living organism.
- Social life – ensuring that the farm is a viable operation that will provide economic security and sustainability for the families who depend on it.
Article from: http://www.troutlakefarm.com/how-we-do-it/our-farming-practices